Electrical Controls Engineer - Basingstoke
Electrical Controls Engineer
We are working with our client in Basingstoke to source a new Electrical Controls Engineer. The business is a global player experiencing significant growth and as they open their second manufacturing facility they are looking for the right person for this new role to work on electrification and automated controls.
The overall purpose of this role is to assist the company in the automation of as much of the plant as possible. You will also be involved in
- Design through to commissioning of electrical control systems electro-mechanical installations, inspections and fault finding of electrical wiring & emergency/safety circuits
- Installation of communication equipment, network cabling along with understanding of data protocols CANbus and Modbus
- build basic electrical control panels, produce drawings, carry out modifications to existing control panels and keep documentation up to date
Skills and Experience Required
- Industrial based electrical installation knowledge/background, ideally holding 17th edition wiring regulations qualification
- Ability to design & build basic electrical control panels, produce drawings, carry out modifications to existing control panels and keep documentation up to date
- Solid knowledge of electrical control components and fault finding for process control, including electric motors, variable speed drives, automated valves, cylinders, solenoids, all types of level sensors and other control instrumentation.
- Knowledge of principles of hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanics in automation processes
- Working knowledge, programming and fault finding of PLC’s Mitsubishi FX, Unitronics VisiLogicand Allen Bradley etc
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send us your CV in MSWord format.
We can’t wait to hear from you!