Accountant - Didcot - £50k - Now filled
Qualified or Finalist
Up to £50k
We are working with an independent accountancy practice to source a qualified Accountant, or possibly an exceptional Finalist, to work with the existing team, producing accounts and tax returns, whilst also being involved in all aspects of client support, offering advice and strategic guidance to a diverse range of clients.
This new role reflects the continuous growth in the practice and the fact that their excellent reputation is winning them new clients at a fast pace.
The work involved is of a technical nature, for which you must be fully qualified, or about to be qualified, with any of the major accounting bodies, but ideally CIMA, ACCA or ICAEW.
This firms’ client base is varied and offers a range of accountancy services to small to medium sized businesses and sole traders. For some clients, they work as a fully outsourced finance department – from raising invoices and chasing debts through to final year end accounts. For other clients, they support them to complete their own books using cloud based software and deal with tax and reporting to HMRC and Companies House. The service is shaped to the needs of each client and their particular business needs.
This practice is a progressive and values based business, where the best customer service and a strong attention to detail is a high priority. They choose their clients carefully to reflect this.
Some of the things that you would be involved with would be:
- Year end accounts production
- Corporation Tax
- Personal Tax
- Management accounts
- Building and presenting reports for client companies
- Supporting the bookkeeping team with VAT returns
- Company set up and Company Secretarial duties
- Tax planning
- Implementing Xero and other accounting/IT solutions
- Training clients’ staff to use Xero and other accountancy IT solutions
- Excel reporting
- Examining accounts for Charities
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Liaising with HMRC and working through disputes
Ideal Candidates will be:
- Qualified accountants or Finalists
- Experienced in an accountancy practice – at least 3 years
- CIMA, ACCA or ICAEW qualified.
- Excellent accounting technicians with attention to detail
- Advanced Excel users
- Be interested in learning about new accountancy software and technology and keeping up to date with new developments
- Car drivers with own transport
- Experienced in using Taxcalc (an advantage not essential)
- Comfortable working with cloud based accountancy systems – ideally Xero
- Be client focussed with a professional but friendly and supportive communication style
- Have a genuine interest in clients and their businesses and in building lasting authentic relationships with them
If you are interested in this role and are a fully qualified accountant or finalist with either CIMA, ACCA or ICAEW, and have a real interest in working closely with your clients, then please apply today sending us your CV in MSWord format. This is a people focussed business where you will be valued and respected.
You will receive 6 weeks paid holiday, free parking, pension, private medical insurance etc.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!